Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ribbit...

You know how guy's have that little secret trick they do...when they don't want to do something for you they just do it wrong so you won't ask them to do it again. Like loading the dishwasher and putting the dishes in there sloppy so not many fit and they are all in the wrong place or picking up bread for you at the store and even though you tell them what brand to get they still come home with the wrong one...you know, stuff like that?

Well my husband definately took the cake the other day. I asked if he would like to take Zoe to pick out one toy for her birthday at toys r us cause I thought it would be fun, it was her birthday and all. He gladly said he would. They came home after about an hour...with a TOAD! A live freakin toad with habbitat and all AND you have to feed it CRICKETS, ah! I was already having a horrible day (to chalk up with my horrible week) and I just started crying. I was mortified, and angry, and just frustrated. One more thing that I would have to take care of! And crickets? C'mon!

I said Joe, seriously if you didn't want to do this I would have gladly taken her...he tried to tell me it was all her idea...but I know the truth. He did this so I wouldn't send him again. And it worked.

3 comments:

We are Harmaniacs said...

Michelle, I want you to know that you have my deepest sympathy. Don't let your crickets loose like we did (we had a bearded dragon for an entire summer vacation). Cricket cage was knocked over and we had about 25 crickets loose upstairs. That's a special memory in our home. Can't wait to hear your "toad" stories :)

Alicia said...

This made me think of all the animals we had growing up! We had lots of fish, different types of frogs, parakeets and a cockatoo bird, rabbits (I loved my bunnies!), 5 different dogs, a couple cats, hamsters, gerbils and ducks! It was traumatizing when they died, (or when my parents took them to the pound! Still mad about that one and the irresponsibility!) but I sure did love them! That was all spaced out in an 18 year span.
That sucks though if you weren't on board, since you really will be the one taking care of it! Sad! Plus crickets are gross and you will have to be buying them constantly. You could always sale it on craigslist if it is too much! Good luck and let me know if I can do anything for ya! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That does take the cake! Good luck with that! (and I don't eat sushi, so if I catch a disease, it will probably be the bird flu or SARS! Lucky me!!)