Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Sad Wreath

Oh sad wreath I am sorry this day
So many hopes and dreams all gone away
Wendsth thou from the Christmas tree I picked
Your branches and sprigs to shape and to flip

I tied, I twisted, I turned, and I shaped
But nothing could change the thing I did make
For not enough branches I had to create
All I could do was accept my mistake

Then I thought oh what a great plan!
For I could embellish and make you look grand
With berries and leaves and red ribbon too
Still no hope I could make good for you

Oh sad wreath you hang in the hall
Although mis-shapen and not right at all
I tried oh I tried to make you look nice
A mistake I hope I will never make twice

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh! You are hilarious! Your wreath was CUTE, not half as sad as you make it out to be in your very creative poem! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle! Ashley (ferrell) Rogers here! Darling girls!

tracyjax said...

that is cute